Depression is common. So never think you alone are suffering. There are times where you just want to be left alone with your thoughts to reflect.
At times to be away from anyone who has ever once hurt you because it still hurts no matter how many times they have said sorry and meant it, but times a healer, trust me, within time the wounds will heal. It may take months or even years but there will be a time where you will be ok with what happened.
From where you are now to become ‘happy’ it is not something that is instant, its a journey; happiness is a mood not a destination, just like any other feelings i.e. anger its not permanent, it can change.
Happiness does not necessarily mean that you are ecstatic about your life, it may just be that you are content with the way things are. Everyone has a different meaning of happiness and what it means to them.
Here’s my top 5 tips to get you on the road:
1) Do things you like to do which makes you happy. In depression you stop doing the things you most love and you forget what joy they give, even if little.
2) Find a purpose; there are times where you feel everything is pointless. No reason to live, no reason to do anything. But there is, you just need to find it. Having aim and goals in life will help your motivation of anything, even life and what better to strive for it.
3) Let your feelings out. Talk to someone about how you feel and what you are going through, there are people who would like to understand and offer help.
4) Remember, even though you may feel that you’re alone in a crowd, having that support system matters, don’t push them away
5) Find a support group, you would feel as though you are not alone and you can share your experience and feelings together within that group that have gone through similar feelings. You may be able to help someone whilst you’re there.